Monday, June 14, 2010

Little kid smack down!

Over the weekend the family and I got to see the all new Karate Kid movie with that Jade Smith kid and Mr. Jackie Chan. Though I will always be a fan of the original version, this was by far a great remake! I'm not going to go into details here so no worries of spoilers, but darn it all if the new version wasn't far more entertaining.

With that said I have to get into one thing about the movie. When you have little kids as action stars there's one thing you know you don't have... little kid look a like stunt men! Jaden and all the other little kids in this movie were doing some heavy kung-fu stunts man! So well you couldn't help but wonder of few times, "Where the heck is that kid's parent! He's getting his backside handed to him!" It looked painful watching Jaden get the smack down by the bully's in the film. And I mean PAINFUL. He spends a good chuck of the film getting smack around in ways that would make the original karate kid jump back and say, "Screw it ma! I'll walk back to Fresno with out you!" No flying crane kick is going to save this kid! Heck the training they show poor Jaden Smith go though in the film made me want to head over to China and smack his mother and say, "Get your kid out of CHINA!"  

I'm sorry but as a parent, if you see that your child has a freak ninja bully problem and needs to learn how to be some kind of ninja Rambo to deal with it... MOVE OUT OF CHINA! Or at the very least call the ream Rambo to fix it for him. Jaden was learning moves and doing stunts that might have had Jackie Chan in the background going, "Glad I'm not doing that." it just looked painful.

Then you get to the final fight scene... same deal as the original. You got one move, if you can't do it your toast. If you pull it off then all the glory, money, women, action figures, sequels and so forth are all yours for the taking! Little J Smith (as I've grown to call him) pulled of a move that had everyone in the theater on their feet screaming with such joy a full fledge marching band suddenly burst through the room, balloons were let loose, and sailors started kissing the ladies! 

Jaden Smith... nice going kid! That was some big time acting, action, and good times! I'll be waiting for his next film eagerly.

People, listen well to your pal "The Drew" - go see this movie! I don't care if you like movies or not. I don't care if you like the first Karate Kid movie or not. Get out there and see this! It was freakin nice! 

Now I need to find some time to go see that A-Team movie. It doesn't matter to me if its good or not. It's A-Team. I will already like it even if it sucks. That's just how I roll with certain things. And I pity the fool that can't roll with that while sporting a mow-hawk and gold chains! Heh...

You didn't ask what was on my mind, but I told you anyway...

--Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment